BRUSSELS; February 07, 2022 — As part of its ViDOQ program, Vivansa announces its intent to apply for Cyber Essentials (CE) certification during Q2/22. Cyber Essentials is an effective, UK Government-backed scheme that contributes to protecting against a whole range of the most common cyber attacks. Vivansa considers that the correct application of this scheme is a key element of its Information Security Management System (ISMS). With Cyber Essentials controls in place, Vivansa wants to achieve the following objectives:
- Reassure our Customers that we are working to secure out IT systems against cyber attacks;
- Attract new business with the promise that we have cyber security measures in place;
- Deliver the message that we have a clear picture of our cyber security level;
- Engage with governmental bodies for which CE certification is a pre-requisite.
The initial phase will consist to execute a gap analysis focused on 5 key controls:
- Control 1: Boundary firewalls and Internet gateways
- Control 2: Secure configuration
- Control 3: User access control
- Control 4: Malware protection
- Control 5: Patch managmeent
The outcomes of the gap analysis will help identify any security measures aiming at reinforcing our current level of security and to take actions for their effective implementation. Those measures will be closely monitored and re-assessed on a regular basis, thus putting Vivansa in optimal conditions to apply for CE certification.